I started using essential oils when I made my first lotions and soaps 8 years ago. I was hesitant to use them because I’m very sensitive to strong fragrances. What I learned was that essential oils are very different from synthetic fragrances that are in most body care products. Perfumes, lotions, cleaning products and body sprays often make feel sick and sometimes even dizzy. This is not the case when I make my own products with 100% pure essential oils.
As soon as I implemented essential oils in our daily routines our lives have forever been changed. Here is a list of some of the things we experience on a daily basis:
1. I’m told often that my home smells amazing! I clean with Orange 10X Essential Oil.
2. I have cotton rounds placed in all our fans and heat registers with a variety of Essential oils. Whenever the air blows there might be Orange,Lavender, Frankinsence, Peppermeint and Pine, I love the smell filling up the room. I place a few drops of essential oil to the cotton round. I’m always changing the oils up depending on my mood.
Uses of Essential Oils
3. I love to take a relaxing bath every now and then. I always add a few drops of Lavender Essential Oil to the bath water.
4. I add a drop or 2 of Frankincense and/or Tea Tree to my skin care products. Frankincense works amazing with reducing swelling and age spots. Tea Tree works at combating the bacteria.
5. I use a blend of Essential Oils of Lavender, Patchouli, and Tea Tree with Neem and make a Refreshing Linen Spray. I use it on all my cotton furniture and bedding.
6. I buy natural skin care products that are unscented. I add Lavender and Tea Tree to our shampoo and body wash.
7. I add Geranium and Lavender to my conditioner.
8. I add Tea Tree or Eucalyptus to a small bottle of water and have in my purse for immediate hand and surface sanitizer.
9. I put Lemon or Lavender to a 32 oz spray bottle with water and spray my kid’s hair to get rid of the “bed Head”
10. Camping has been more enjoyable using a citronella rosemary and lavender spray helps keep the bugs at bay. I add 20-30 drops of Away! to water and spray on all exposed skin. The mosquitoes stay away – we stink and don’t taste good anymore.
I can continue, but I think you get the picture.
Disclaimer: For educational use only. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Educational programs are available through Heart of Herbs